- It is low cost: there is no set, no costumes, no lighting and no sound equipment. The performances can take place in any simple performance space, without having rehearsed in that space.
- Props are provided by the audience who are asked to bring things to give to the performers. These are supplied to the actor at the moment of necessity at the beginning of the act or scene – whatever they may be: a blow-up dolphin, an Alice-band, a lap-top, a sock etc.
- Each actor has prepared two or more roles. Which of the two (or more) he or she will perform on the night is decided by a game of chance five minutes before the show.
- A multi-venue production style that revisits classic and other texts, in which the performance is informed by the venue, audience engagement and the performers themselves. No two shows are alike.
- The productions use adapted text, which is contextualised during performance. This makes it entirely of the moment. Its spontaneity allows each performance to be uniquely relevant for each audience and venue.
Duration: 120 minutes with interval
Age Range: 8 years - Adult
Grades: Grade 4 - Grade 11
Themes covered: Choices, Creativity, Death, Family dynamics, Fate/Free Will, Identity, Intra/interpersonal conflicts, Life skills, Loss, Relationships, Religion, Self-image, Suicide, Survival, Tolerance