Schools, Theatre Companies and Facilitators in Elliot (AKA Khowa), Eastern Cape.
Khowa formerly known as Eliot, is a town in Chris Hani District Municipality in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, and lies 80 km south-west of Maclear and 65 km south-east of Barkly East. Originally the village was established in 1885 and known as Slang River, and in April 1894 was renamed Elliot, becoming a municipality in 1911. Named after Sir Henry George Elliot (1826-1912), Chief Magistrate of the Transkeian territories from 1891 to 1902. It was renamed Khowa in 2017.
Estimated Population: 15000
District Municipality: Chris Hani District Municipality