Schools, Theatre Companies and Facilitators in Balfour (EC), Eastern Cape.
Balfour is a town in Raymond Mhlaba Municipality, Amatole District Municipality, in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa.
The village, which lies at the foot of the Katberg, was established as a mission station of the Glasgow Missionary Society in 1828 by John Ross and McDiarmid, and named after Robert Balfour, first Secretary of the Society.
Today, tobacco, citrus, wool and beef farming are practised in the area.
Estimated Population: 3000
District Municipality: Amathole District Municipality
Local Municipality: Raymond Mhlaba Local Municipality